“Bachelor in Paradise” star Caelynn Miller-Keyes responded Wednesday to Blake Horstmann’s juicy text reveal, stating she is “not here to deny those text messages,” but said, “things got taken out of context on the show and a large part of the story is missing.”
During part one of Monday’s “Bachelor in Paradise” premiere, Miller-Keyes claimed she had been “played” by Horstmann after he hooked up with her less than a day after getting busy with another castmate. Following Miller-Keyes’ accusations, Hortsmann defended himself by releasing a set of texts that portray Miller-Keyes as the aggressor in their fling.
“The reality of the situation is that Blake was not a one night stand at a music festival and the 5 am text exchange that Blake chose to share is not an accurate representation of our past relationship,” Miller-Keyes, 24, posted on Instagram. “I take ownership for what I said on the beach. I was upset and I let my emotions control my words. However, I did not go on a show to ruin someone’s character.
“I attempted to address my feelings and the situation with Blake face to face. It’s unfortunate that I didn’t get the same respect in return, and I am absolutely mortified our private texts were put out there for the world to see and judge by someone who I trusted and consider a friend nonetheless,” she continued.
On Tuesday, Horstmann, 30, posted his intimate exchanges with Miller-Keyes, 24, also addressing his version of events at the Stagecoach festival in a lengthy Instagram note.
“I take full responsibility for my actions at Stagecoach and will forever regret the decision I made that weekend. The women involved did not deserve that. I realize now that I hurt these women and I deeply regret that,” he shared.
Horstmann later wrote, “With all of that said, I want to get the truth out. I was not able to defend myself down in Paradise, because me and most of the beach had no idea the things Caelynn was saying in her interviews. I NEVER ‘sweet talked’ her at Stagecoach. Caelynn and I were NEVER in a relationship. I NEVER ghosted Caelynn, I NEVER called her a mistake and I absolutely NEVER EVER EVER silenced Caelynn.”
Miller-Keyes said she and Horstmann had “different ideas” of what their “relationship was.”
She also noted that never expected to be “trolled” over her bedroom decisions. Miller-Keyes previously discussed her sexual assault, which she says took place in college, during an episode of “The Bachelor” earlier this year.
“What infuriates me the most is that I’m being trolled for having sex because of what I’ve been through. I want to be very clear that I am not looking for sympathy. I took the necessary steps to move on and heal, but I will not be abstinent for the rest of my life because of it,” she explained.
“This is a complicated situation considering it’s not only on TV, but has taken a life of its own on the internet. This could’ve been over after last night’s episode, but since it’s now all over Instagram, I felt like it was imperative to share my truth,” she continued. “We all have our own perception of how different situations unfold and there are many sides to this story. I hope that we can all move forward and support one another, rather than tear each other down.”