Atlanta Braves News
Freddie Freeman and Ronald Acuña Jr. both homered as the Braves battered Jose Urena and the Marlins in a 7-1 win in Miami. The victory snapped a two-game losing streak for Atlanta and improved their season record against the Marlins to 6-1.
The Braves made it official Friday night announcing the addition of Dallas Keuchel on a one-year deal. The plan is for Keuchel to make a pair of starts at Gwinnett before joining the Braves’ roster. To make room on the 40-man, Atlanta shifted reliever Darren O’Day to the 60-day injured list.
More reaction to the Keuchel signing:
- Talking Chop: Projecting (half of?) 2019: Dallas Keuchel
- Baseball Prospectus: Transaction Analysis: Keuchel Gives Atlanta More Options
- FanGraphs: Dallas Keuchel heads to Atlanta
- MLB.com: Could Keuchel tip division scales?
- The Ringer: Dallas Keuchel Signs With the Braves, and the Nightmare MLB Offseason Is Finally Over
A closer look a group of relievers that are either available now or could become available at the trade deadline.
The Chicago Cubs officially announced the signing of Craig Kimbrel on Friday to a three-year contract that is worth $43 million guaranteed.
Angels shortstop Andrelton Simmons is progressing in his return from a Grade 3 ankle sprain but is still several weeks away from returning to the lineup.