DETROIT – There are ways to enjoy food over the holidays without derailing your diet.
- Holiday-proof your plan — Stick to your usual meal time, and don’t skip meals before the big feast. Also, offer to bring a healthy dish.
- Outsmart the buffet — Use small plates. Load up your plate with vegetables first so you aren’t tempted to choose other less healthy foods.
- Fit in the favorites — Enjoy the foods you only get during the holidays. When eating those foods, choose them over foods you can have all year.
- Keep moving — Don’t ditch your fitness routine over the holidays.
- Get sleep — Getting sleep will give your blood sugar and metabolism time to reset. Plus, you’ll be less likely to overeat just because you are tired.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.