With Amazon Prime Day just around the corner, competing retailers have been scrambling to keep up. We’ve seen great deals come out of Walmart, Target, and Best Buy to rival the retail giant, with Target even going as far as trying to re-brand the event as their own. Walmart has been especially active in the days leading up to Prime Day 2019, dropping huge early savings on Google Nest products and 4K TVs before Amazon. It appeared as if Walmart’s early deals were simply an attempt to beat Amazon to the punch rather than competing with them directly on July 15, but a recent news story from Fox Business seems to suggest otherwise.
According to the report, Walmart is going to be dropping an enormous summer sale on Sunday, July 14, an entire day ahead of Amazon’s Prime Day. The report also says that Walmart’s Prime Day sale will run through Wednesday, an entire day longer than Amazon’s 48-hour event. This is purely speculation at this point considering Fox doesn’t actually cite any sources. However, if it is true, it could mean shoppers are in for the biggest Prime Day of their lives.
Amazon already announced that it will be offering some early access deals to Prime members starting at 3 p.m. on July 14, but that pre-Prime Day event could be quickly overshadowed if Walmart drops its sale early. If that does happen, it’s entirely likely that Prime Day will begin a lot earlier than we thought. Amazon has dominated the online retail space for a long time, but Walmart has been gaining trust in the market over the last few years. So if Walmart draws blood first with early deals, it is highly likely that Amazon will retaliate immediately by dropping its full list of deals.
Whether Walmart is actually dropping a sale or not remains unclear, but you can be sure they will be offering at least some sort of deals during Amazon’s Prime Day event. They have been offering deep discounts on Apple products pretty much all year long already, so you should be able to find Apple Watch and iPad deals through this upcoming Wednesday.
Early Acess Prime Day Deals from Amazon
Amazon released a rather impressive preview of their Prime Day deals earlier in the week, with the most accurate pricing information on its own devices. According to this sneak peek from the retail giant, Prime members will be able to access early deals by asking “Alexa, what are my deals?” These are scheduled to start today at 3 p.m. ET, but don’t know exactly what deals will be attached to this event. Our guess is that Amazon’s early deals will be on the Echo, Fire TV, and Kindle devices featured in the preview:
- $25 off Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, down to $15
- $25 off Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote, down to $25
- $50 off Fire TV Cube, down to $70
- $50 off Echo, down to $50
- $70 off the Echo Show, down to $160
- $20 off the Fire 7 tablet, down to just $30, or get two for $50—a savings of $50
- $30 off the Fire HD 8 tablet, just $50, or get two for $80—$80 in savings total
- $50 off the Fire HD 10 tablet, down to $100, or get two for $180—a $120 savings
- $40 off the Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet, down to $60, or get two for $100—a $100 discount
- Save $50 on the Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, down to $80, or get two for $140—a $120 savings
- Save $25 on Echo Dot Kids Edition, down to $45
- $50 off Kindle Paperwhite, plus get a $5 eBook credit and three months free Kindle Unlimited, starting at just $85
- $30 off the all-new Kindle, plus get a $5 eBook credit and three months free Kindle Unlimited, just $60
- Get an Amazon Smart Plug and Echo for just $55
- Up to $200 off eero WiFi systems
- Up to $30 off Ring Video Doorbell, down to $70
- $80 off Blink XT2 2-Cam System, down to $100
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.