The two were paired together for the 2023 series of the show before the star announced that she was exiting the show for “personal reasons”.
Earlier in the week, it was reported that she had requested a video recording of her time on the show in what is known as a data subject access request.
BBC responds to Amanda Abbington’s request for Strictly Come Dancing training footage
A source close to The Sun said: “The BBC has received a request for the footage they hold of Amanda and Giovanni. It is known as a data subject access request.
“There is a feeling that the recordings will lift the lid on what really goes on behind the scenes on Strictly.”
They added that the atmosphere behind the scenes “can become very tense” with the source referring to Giovanni Pernice as a “perfectionist”.
In a statement obtained by the Mirror, a BBC spokesperson said of the Amanda Abbington request: “The BBC offers a comprehensive range of support to all individuals taking part in our shows. Strictly Come Dancing has always taken duty of care incredibly seriously and there is a constant dialogue between senior members of the production team and the contestants to ensure any concerns are addressed swiftly.”
“Strictly has a proud track record as a joyful, positive experience where robust support and assistance is always made available at every stage of the production.”
Following her exit from the BBC ballroom dance programme, Amanda made no mention of Pernice.
She told fans on Instagram: “It is with deepest regret that I had to leave Strictly. I did not come to this decision easily or lightly but for personal reasons, I am unable to continue.
“It was an absolute joy working with my fellow contestants, they are a beautiful, hardworking and talented group of people who I love and who I will miss seeing every Friday and Saturday and competing alongside.”